So, you have got a great deal in the supermarket on mozzarella cheese, and you want to take it. No wonder mozzarella cheese is one of the most common ingredients. People love to use them on a range of things. If you don’t want the deal to leave, you must buy them all. It is justified that you might be thinking if you are making the right decision.
Table of Contents
- 1 Can You Freeze This? A Great Ultimate List
- 2 How to Freeze Fresh Cheese?
- 3 How to Freeze Mozzarella Blocks?
- 4 How to Freeze Shredded Cheese?
- 5 How to Thaw Mozzarella?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Can You Freeze Mozzarella Cheese Summary
This will bring the question to can you freeze mozzarella cheese? The answer is a simple yes. You must know that mozzarella cheese is available in different forms. Irrespective of the form, you have the freedom to freeze the cheese and use them whenever you need it. Whether it is the block or shredded or fresh cheese, you can freeze mozzarella cheese.
However, you must know that different types will require different methods. Even when the common ingredients remain the same, their physical forms are different. This will need you to follow different ways to freeze to ensure retaining the quality. So, to help you more, we will find it in detail.
Let’s not talk more and check the way to freeze varieties of cheese.
Can You Freeze This? A Great Ultimate List
The BIGGEST List is about food, vegetables, and fruits that can be frozen.
How to Freeze Fresh Cheese?
Fresh cheese has a texture in it. The texture often gets changed when you freeze it. However, if you are using it in the cooked dish, you will not be able to spot the differences. So, you have to know the process of freezing fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Drain excess liquid: This will help to drain excess moisture from fresh cheese. Use paper towels for better results. As water has the tendency to create ice crystals, draining it is the first step.
- Make portions: Slice the cheese in portions and then store. Depending on your daily needs, you can slice them.
- Package its portions: If you plan to store them for a month or more, use plastic wrap. Make sure you are wrapping each portion in plastic wrap. After this, store them in the cookie sheet. Squeeze the air and then seal the bag.
- Put the sheet into your freezer: Once you find that the portions are frozen, you can remove the sheet and just keep the slices in the bag.
How to Freeze Mozzarella Blocks?
- Make slices or portions of the block: You probably would not use the entire block for any preparations. So, you should always make portions of it. This will help you to use it without making it worse. So make several chunks depending on your need every day.
- Pack the cheese: Once you have made the slices, you must use the freezer bag. Take the cookie sheet and use the freezer bag on top. Lay the slices in a way that they do not touch each other. Remove excess air from the bag and then seal it properly. Once done, store it in the freezer.
- Label your package: It is always recommended to put the label. You can write the date and name to make it easy for you to find.
How to Freeze Shredded Cheese?
There is no doubt that shredded cheese is probably one of the most common kinds. These are great toppings in a lot of dishes. If you plan to buy in huge quantities, you have to follow the way to store it. It ensures quality.
- Store the cheese in portions: When you are buying in large quantities, you have to make sure about keeping in portions. You can make smaller portions according to your needs and then put them individually. This will make it easy to use in batches without changing the other portions.
- Keep each potion in the freezer bag: You have to use the freezer bag and then store every potion. You can use the label and write the name and date. This would make identifying much easier.
- Put them in the freezer: Now that you have put them individually, you can put them in your freezer.
How to Thaw Mozzarella?
Once you have frozen mozzarella cheese in the freezer, you might think about how to defrost it. Don’t worry as there is a range of options.
- On the counter: To ensure safety, you can use shredded and sliced mozzarella. You can keep it on the counter for an hour. However, make sure you use the entire amount immediately.
- In the fridge: Put it into the refrigerator for a few hours. The required time will depend on the way you have frozen it. Large portions will take time, while shredded would take lesser time. The best way is to leave the pack overnight in your fridge.
- Skip defrosting: You can directly use the frozen cheese on the toaster. A heated pan is enough to melt any dairy product. So, you can easily skip thawing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long would mozzarella cheese last in the freezer?
When you can store mozzarella cheese properly in the freezer, you can stay assured that it can stay for 6 months. It will remain of the best quality. However, don’t consider freezing mozzarella after that. Make sure when you are freezing the mozzarella cheese, it is kept at 0°F.
Can you freeze opened mozzarella?
If you have already opened the pack, you again have to make sure that you are storing it properly. However, unlike a packed cheese, an opened package will last for almost 5 to 7 days.
Which kind of cheese freezes well?
You should know that semi-hard cheeses are best to freeze. Thus, to acquire the best results, you can choose shredded cheese. These kinds of cheese have more shelf life.
Can You Freeze Mozzarella Cheese Summary
We know how vital mozzarella cheese is in our lives. So if you are wondering about can you freeze mozzarella cheese, then yes, you can. All you need is to make sure that you are storing it properly. You should always make slices or portions and then store them individually. This will become not only helpful in retaining the quality but also makes sure that the texture remains great.
So, don’t leave the great deal available in the supermarket when you know how to store cheese. However, make sure that you are not over-extending, as it can take down its quality. So keep enjoying your meals with the stretchy cheesy dish.
More Related Article:
[catlist name=Freezing numberposts=8]