Are you planning to prepare chicken soup for your home party? No wonder chicken soup is not only a healthy recipe but also a tasty one. However, when you are planning to cook for any event, you might be cooking in larger batches. It will also increase the chances of leftovers. Undoubtedly, you would not want to trash the chicken soup, so you need to store it properly.
So, if you wonder how long does chicken soup last in the fridge? You can store it for 3 to 4 days. It is the best time to store the chicken soup in the refrigerator. However, it is always advised to store correctly to enjoy the utmost taste. To extend the shelf life of chicken soup, you can also freeze it. Before you have the chicken soup, make sure to reheat it.
Some chicken soup will stay okay for even a week. However, it depends a lot on the ingredients included in it. Make sure that you store the chicken soup at 40ºF and below. Regardless of the recipes and the ingredients, you can always store them in the fridge for a while. Remember that when frozen in batches, it can stay for months.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to store the chicken soup in the fridge?
- 2 How to understand that the chicken soup has gone bad?
- 3 How to reheat the leftover chicken soup?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 How Long Does Chicken Soup Last In The Fridge Summary
How to store the chicken soup in the fridge?
You can make use of ice water or ice to cool the soup. Remember, it is a must to get the temperature down. Make sure that you must not keep it out at room temperature for long. It will result in bacterial development in the food. However, if you plan to put it in the fridge immediately, it can also spoil the soup.
So, you have to make sure that you store the chicken soup properly. There are a lot of ways that you can choose to store the soup. However, you have to know how to cool it down initially. You can use ice water, use cooling paddles or add ice to the chicken soup. It would help to quicken the cooling process and reduce bacterial development.
When the chicken soup has properly cooled down, you must secure it with a lid. It will help the soup to retain its moisture in the fridge. You have to make sure that the temperature is below 40 °F. It is the best temperature for the soup to retain its taste and texture. However, no matter how greatly you store it, do not use it after 4 days.
- Simply use a container with a lid.
- Pout the soup in the container by leaving 1.3cm of space from the lid.
- Secure the lid properly and then place the container into the fridge.
- Label it with name and date.
How to understand that the chicken soup has gone bad?
You will be able to find visible differences in the smell, appearance, and texture of the soup. Here are some of the ways that would help you to understand.
- Smell: This is another sign that indicates your chicken soup has gone bad. You will always get a pleasant aroma from chicken soup. However, if you find an unpleasant or sour smell, it might be time to discard it. Do not try to taste it as it might weaken your digestive system.
- Appearance: You can simply get an idea by checking the soup. If the soup looks similar to the original color, it is good. But in case you find some coagulation on top, it might be a sign of mold. If you find cloudiness, it also is a sign of spoilage.
- Soup bowl appearance: If you are using the soup container, sometimes its appearance can also be an indication. You might sometimes find bulged or swollen containers. It is also a great sign that the food has spoiled.
If you find any change in its taste and color, you might need to throw it in your dustbin. Tasting can lead to health degradation.
How to reheat the leftover chicken soup?
The first thing is that you need to keep the chicken soup out for a few minutes before you start reheating it. You can simply use your microwave oven to reheat your chicken soup. It is the simplest and fastest way to reheat the chicken soup.
- Use a microwave-safe container: Pour the soup by keeping room on top to let it boil properly.
- Loosely cover it: You can use the lid of the microwave or use plastic to wrap it. Prick to give small vents to it.
- Heat and stir continuously: Next thing to do is heat the chicken soup for 20 seconds. Then you need to open and store the soup and again heat for another 30 seconds. Continuously stirring would ensure proper reheating.
- Ready to serve: Once the chicken is heated correctly, you can immediately serve it. No doubt that soup is tastiest when it is piping hot.
You can also use the stove technique if you don’t have a microwave oven. All you need is to use a pan and add water to the soup to ensure it is not drying out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I eat the soup after 5 days?
It is always advised to eat chicken soup within 3 to 5 days. So, it depends on you. If you don’t find any visible differences in the taste and texture, you can have it. However, it is advisable not to serve it to kids.
Can I freeze chicken soup?
Yes, you can. However, you need to ensure that you are following the proper freezing techniques. Besides, if you are freezing large amounts, consider making batches. It can maintain the taste and texture of the chicken soup.
Can I reheat the chicken soup on the stove?
sure that while you are reheating the chicken soup, you are using water. It will prevent the soup from drying out.
How Long Does Chicken Soup Last In The Fridge Summary
So hopefully, now you have the idea about how long does chicken soup last in the fridge? If you are planning to prepare chicken soup, you definitely can. However, make sure to store it in batches to retain its taste and texture.