Are you willing to prepare pumpkin soup? If yes, then it is definitely a great idea. Pumpkin soup is one of the most common types of soup that you can include. Whether making it for your home or a party, you can always prepare a significant amount. It would make sure that you enjoy the soup and not have to prepare it every day.
So, if you are thinking, how long does pumpkin soup last in the fridge? The answer is for 4 to 5 days. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. However, if you wish to store it for longer days, you can freeze it. This way, you can store it for up to 3 months. Always remember that you have to reheat before using and enjoy a hot served soup. In case the soup is too thick, use water to loosen it.
Pumpkin soup is a delicious soup that can become a great one to include. If you are a working person, it is impossible to cook every day. So you can choose to cook in a more significant amount to eat it for longer days. However, all you need is to know the storage technique. So, keep reading to know more about the way to store pumpkin soup.
Table of Contents
- 1 Does Pumpkin Soup freeze well?
- 2 How to reheat the Pumpkin Soup?
- 3 How to understand that the Pumpkin Soup has gone bad?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 5 How Long Does Pumpkin Soup Last In The Fridge Summary
Does Pumpkin Soup freeze well?
Yes, if you wish to store the pumpkin soup for a more extended period, you can freeze it. Freezing is an excellent choice as this way you can store for 2 to 3 months. However, you must know the perfect way to store it to enjoy its ultimate advantage. Remember that freezing is a lot different from storing in the fridge.
But are you wondering how to store it in your freezer? Well, these are the steps that you need to follow.
- You have to first reduce the temperature of the pumpkin soup entirely before you transfer them to a safe container.
- You need to choose a container with a lid and an air-tight container. Make sure that you secure the lid properly.
- Do not pour the pumpkin soup to the rim. Consider keeping at least an inch of space from the lid to give it space to expand.
- Label your container with the name and date of the content, and then put them into your freezer. Make sure that the temperature is less than 40 degrees F.
A Pro Tip: Whenever you wish to eat the pumpkin soup you have frozen, you must take the amount you need. When you take a more considerable amount and reheat it, it is further unsuitable for storage.
How to reheat the Pumpkin Soup?
Whether you store it in the freezer or refrigerate it, you always would like to enjoy a hot served soup. So, all you need to do is follow a set of techniques. It would make sure that you enjoy the taste of pumpkin soup.
You can use your microwave or stovetop to reheat the pumpkin soup. Both ways, you can strain the best results in less time.
Heating in a microwave:
- Choose a microwave-safe container by leaving some gaps from the top to give it room to boil.
- Loose cover it or use the microwave-safe lid on top of it or leave a small opening.
- Heat and stir continuously while reheating the pumpkin soup in the container.
- Make sure that the temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You need to heat and then bring out the container to stir and then again reheat.
Heating in the stovetop:
- You have to initially choose a large pot that is safe to use on your stove.
- If the soup has already thickened, you have to just add water to it to prevent it from burning.
- Make sure that you choose the heat setting too low to ensure that it is adequately heated.
- You need to continuously heat and stir to prevent further sticking to the pot.
- Boil for a minute and let it simmer for some time.
- Remove the pot and let it cool just a little bit.
- Serve it hot and enjoy your pumpkin soup.
How to understand that the Pumpkin Soup has gone bad?
If you want to enjoy the taste, you need to ensure that you don’t keep the soup longer at room temperature. Keeping it for a long time can result in bacterial growth and change in its taste and texture. So, you have to make sure that you check precisely to decide its quality.
- Sour smell: When you open the soup, it would still give out the actual smell of the original soup. However, if you find a sour or tangy smell, you should know it has gone bad. It is not advised to use it any further.
- Discoloration: You will find a change in its color when the pumpkin soup has gone bad. Also, if you find chunks or cloudy texture, you can stay assured that it has gone bad.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I freeze pumpkin soup with cream?
Yes, you can. As mentioned before, you have to make sure that you are using a freezer-safe container to store. It would make sure that the soup remains in its best condition for a good 2 to 3 months of time. Always make sure to keep a gap from the top.
How long can I store frozen pumpkins?
If you have been freezing the pumpkin in the best possible manner, you can use it for a long time. You can also create pumpkin puree and then store it in the freezer. This way, you can use it for almost 14 months.
Is it fine to freeze the homemade soup?
Whether it is a store-bought or homemade pumpkin soup, you can easily freeze it for two to three months. However, always prepare, store and defrost the soup before reheating. It will make sure that you enjoy the taste and flavor of the soup throughout.
How Long Does Pumpkin Soup Last In The Fridge Summary
So now that you know how long does pumpkin soup last in the fridge? Hopefully, you will not find it hard. Always make sure that you store them right to use them for a longer time. Besides, you also have to check the shelf life of other ingredients used in the pumpkin soup.